WKCF-Channel 18 said it will pull the plug on Bud Hedinger and the 11-year-old “Original 10 O’Clock News” on Sept. 13. Hedinger first started in the market in 1986 when he was the 6 and 11 p.m. anchor at WFTV-Channel 9. After leaving in 1989, he returned in 1993 as the main anchor at WCPX (now WKMG) before moving to the WKCF newscast. WCPX previously produced the newscast for WB18. WKCF cited increased competition for its decision, but the newscast finished a close second to WOFL’s “Fox 35 News at 10” and 27,000 households ahead of “Action News at 10” on WRDQ-Channel 27.
Related Posts
Changes at WFTV
WFTV weekend anchor Jorge Estevez is leaving Channel 9 to become the weekday morning anchor at CBS O&O WFOR in Miami, according to NewsBlues.com. Estevez has been with WFTV since 2001. Also, former WFTV general assignment reporter Jamison Uhler has moved to the Philadelphia area and joined NBC O&O WCAU…
Orlando gets a new Spanish-language channel on WKCF
The Spanish-language offerings on Orlando TV are about to get more diverse. WESH-2, WKCF-CW 18 and parent Hearst Television announced Thursday a partnership with Liberman Broadcasting to offer its Estrella TV to Central Florida viewers. Estrealla, which broadcasts original Spanish-language content produced in the United States, will appear on WKCF’s digital…
Comments, School Days and Networking
Trying to serve you better, you’ll notice new links at the bottom of the story posts on this news page. Click where it says "comments" and you can leave a comment on what you just read or you can read what other people have to say about the news item….
